These Moroccan Salmon Foil Packets with Carrot Noodles & Chickpeas are sweet and spicy with tons of flavor and are easily made in just 20 minutes with little to no clean-up!
If you haven’t made foil packets yet, you are seriously missing out. No really, you are. Not only are foil packets a great way to cook your entire meal all at once in perfect sized portions, but they actually cook the salmon to perfection leaving you with tender, flaky fish! There is also ZERO clean-up involved which definitely makes this recipe a winner in my book.
I placed the salmon filets on top of spiralized carrots and some chickpeas that I tossed with a little sea salt, paprika and cumin then topped everything with a sweet and spicy harissa sauce that is just so incredibly flavorful! This entire meal only takes about 20 minutes to throw together too making it the perfect weeknight dinner when you need to make something in a pinch ????
Doesn’t that look delicious?!
I created this recipe to share for Ali of Inspiralized, which is one of my favorite go-to blogs for healthy recipes and all things spiralized! Literally. Her spiralizer is truly the only one I’ve ever used and it has been such an important asset in my kitchen, so when she asked me to create a recipe for her while she was on maternity leave I was absolutely honored ???? I wanted to share this recipe with you all in case you missed it on her site because it’s one of my favorites and great for the upcoming spring and summer months!
I mean how can you go wrong with tender, flaky salmon baked to perfection on a bed of seasoned chickpeas and spiralized carrots all cooked together in one easy foil packet! This really is the easiest, most flavorful dinner you could make and everything is ready in just 20 minutes. This also makes amazing leftovers so make sure to add this to your menu this week! ????
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets, fresh or frozen, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large carrots, peeled and spiralized
- Optional toppings: 1 to 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp harissa (mild or spicy, depending on your preference)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While oven is pre-heating, spiralize the carrots into noodles and toss chickpeas with olive oil, sea salt, cumin and smoked paprika until completely coated.
- Using four pieces of heavy duty foil (18x12 in. each), evenly distribute carrot noodles and chickpeas in the center of each piece. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place (skin side down) on top of the carrot noodles and chickpeas, making four foil packets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together harissa, olive oil, lemon juice, ginger, honey, garlic and smoked paprika, until combined, and spoon sauce over top of each salmon fillet.
- Fold the sides of the foil together to seal, covering the fish completely. Place foil packets on a large baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through. Unwrap foil, top with chopped cilantro and enjoy!